This pilot project will lay the foundation for citizenship campaigns by designing a common best practice model with a transnational network of practitioners. In the long run, we hope that the citizenship campaigns will be championed by coalitions of stakeholders around Europe and will help thousands of immigrants to become citizens, register to vote, and turn out for elections.
During this meeting, we will share and compare US and European national/regional experiences, in order to give us food for thought for a brainstorming session that builds the bones of a common European best practice model that gives clear guidelines on the best way to develop a citizenship campaign. More precisely, we will cover the following topics:
- Setting up an accessible naturalisation campaign
- Recruiting and training volunteers for naturalisation and voting
- Preparing to meet the requirements and exceptions
- Communicating naturalisation and voting
- Next steps in the project