Migration Policy Group is an independent think-and-do tank based in Brussels. MPG’s purpose is rooted in its ability to inspire networks to provide evidence-based projects, research and campaigns in the areas of integration, migration and anti-discrimination.
Employing a multi–dimensional methodology, MPG connects people to the best facts, comparative analysis, training, pilots and advice, so that policy and law makers, and stakeholders can improve their legislation, policies and practices. We articulate this mission through four primary activities:
- Gathering, analysing and sharing information.
- Creating opportunities for dialogue and mutual learning.
- Engaging stakeholders in policy debate.
- Establishing, inspiring and managing expert networks.
Tools for Positive Change
Making it Happen
Our vision is a world where everyone fully participates and contributes to an inclusive society and public life. People of all backgrounds must have and should know and use their rights to equal treatment, equal opportunities and safe and orderly migration.
The Migration Policy Group is committed to achieving lasting progress towards more open and inclusive societies. Since MPG’s establishment in 1995, we have played a pivotal role in shaping European laws and policies. Many original MPG initiatives have become established features of the European Union’s legal and policy landscape.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and non-discrimination
- Respect for rule of law
- Recognition of the benefits and challenges of diversity
- Promotion of inclusive democracy and policymaking
- Learning from shared experiences and cooperation across borders and sectors
- Using rigorous independent analysis as the basis for debate and innovation
- Valuing partnerships as the key to achieve our vision
MPG’s staff is multi-disciplinary, multi-lingual and of different national and ethnic origin. Most of our international team is based at our office in Brussels.
Board of directors
MPG’s Board members are selected to ensure a diversity of expertise and ethnic and national origin.