VACANCY: INTEGRATION POLICY INTERN
Urgent: MPG is looking for an Integration Policy Intern resident in Belgium
Remunerated internship under Belgium’s ‘Convention d’Immersion Professionelle’. The intern will be trained in MPG’s research methodology on integration and migration policy indicators. The Migrant Integration Policy Index (MIPEX) is the most comprehensive, reliable and cited benchmark for integration policies in Europe. The National Integration Evaluation Tool (NIEM) is the MIPEX companion tool monitoring the situation for refugees and currently the largest civil society-led transnational project in Europe. The intern will learn MPG’s methodology of measuring laws, policies and implementation through the construction of indicators as well as our various procedures for data quality and consistency checks, which enable us to provide robust comparative data and analysis on policies. The intern will gain a comprehensive understanding of the latest developments in integration policies for migrants and refugees in all major areas of life across the developed world.
The selected candidate should ideally be able to start as of 1 December or 25 November 2019.
- Candidates must already be legally resident in Belgium
- Fluency in English and preferably other European languages
- Understanding of methods for social research and quantitative analysis
- Knowledge and interest in integration policies and refugees
- Familiarity with MIPEX and other MPG indicators and tools
To apply, please send your CV, short cover letter and a short extract (5-10 pages) of a writing sample ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org because interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and a candidate may be selected on that basis for the deadline.
- Applications should be sent in English.
- Applications should be sent electronically to email@example.com with the subject line “Integration Policy Intern”. No paper application will be accepted.
- The deadline for applications is midnight Monday 28 October 2019.
- Internship length: three months (potentially renewable).
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.