Migrant Integration Policy Index
MIPEX is a unique tool to compare and evaluate governments’ integration policies in all EU Member States and several non-EU countries (Australia, Canada, Iceland, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey and the USA).
MPG created the Migrant Integration Policy Index (MIPEX) in 2004 and expanded it across the developed world.
The UN’s Draft Global Compact on Migration promoted participation of all States in MIPEX as a means to identify challenges and best practices.
Thanks to the relevance and rigor of its indicators, MIPEX has been recognised as a common quick reference guide across Europe. Policymakers, NGOs, researchers, and European and international institutions are using its data not only to understand and compare national integration policies, but also to improve standards for equal treatment.
- 167 policy indicators and dozens on the potential beneficiaries and real beneficiaries.
- 8 policy areas: labour market mobility, family reunion, education, health, political participation, permanent residence, access to nationality and anti-discrimination.
- National launch and media events in every country.
- Website with annual data (2007-2015).
- MIPEX ad hoc assessments for new countries (e.g. Armenia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Western Balkans).