Deadline for applications: 11 November, 2022
Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis — please submit your application as soon as possible.
Start date: December 2022
Full time position
MPG is an equal opportunity employer
Purpose of the job: MPG is looking to hire a highly motivated and proactive Communications Manager to lead the organisation’s outreach and implement its communications strategy in the areas of migration, integration and non-discrimination.
About you: The ideal candidate will have a passion for and experience in implementing communications strategies, coordinating between stakeholders and digital communications. You should be a strategic communicator with an appetite to learn new tactics and the ability to work on your own and independently manage multiple projects at once.
- Communicate MPG’s strategic priorities, positions and messages targeting different audiences.
- Coordinate joint communication actions between civil society and new allies.
- Promote strategic and simplified research to EU policymakers, civil society and our online community.
- Raise the visibility of MPG’s work to targeted stakeholders, including the media.
- Be the communications and dissemination focal point for selected projects.
- Proactively expand upon MPG’s communications infrastructure to further systematise the process of transposing macro-level communications strategy into micro-level day-to-day actions.
- Proactively coordinate the timely submission of news items by staff members and the process of externally disseminating these items in line with MPG’s macro-level communications strategy, messaging and Visual Identity Manual.
- Manage and produce content for MPG’s digital channels, including social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) and the website.
- Maintain and enhance MPG’s Google Ads via the Google Ads Grant of up to $10,000 / month of free ads.
- Where appropriate, create ads on social media channels, such as Twitter, to increase the uptake of key MPG deliverables among target audiences.
- Advise and support MPG’s team on the communication aspects of our projects
- Develop and implement communications strategies.
- Coordinate stakeholder’s networksMonitor and maintainMPG’s website.
- Oversee the production of MPG’s monthly email newsletter.
- Assist in the development of visual content (eg. videos, infographics, visuals for digital channels) for selected projects.
- Lead the media outreach, including through the dissemination of press releases and the management of media enquiries.
- Monitor and report on digital communications analytics and impact.
- Provide support to the sustainability of MPG through project development and fundraising.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of communication volunteers.
- Maintain and develop MPG’s contact list in Active Campaign.
- Ensure that MPG remains in compliance with all GDPR legislation.
Professional skills, knowledge and experience
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that:
Applications should be sent in English.
Applications should be sent electronically. No written applications will be accepted.
The deadline for applications is 11 November 2022.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
About the Migration Policy Group (MPG)
MPG is an independent think-and-do-tank based in Brussels. MPG’s purpose is rooted in its ability to inspire networks to provide evidence-based projects, research and campaigns in the areas of integration, migration and anti-discrimination.