For our external communication actions, MPG is looking for an engaged, social media savvy volunteer that will support our Communications Manager with the implementation of our Communications Strategy.
If you are looking to gain experience with a well-established and recognised organisation in the field of anti-discrimination, migration and integration, this volunteer opportunity is for you!
Find more details of the role description, and how to apply, below.
Your main responsibilities:
- Assist with the promotion and dissemination of external communication items and updates;
- Contribute to MPG’s social media presence;
- Creation of the monthly newsletter in Active Campaign;
- Ongoing updates and improvements to MPG’s social media presence;
- Monitor and analyse media conversations around related issues via Meltwater;
- Contribute to visual communication, including multi-media creation and editing (in particular with Canva);
- Create and update content for our website;
- Proofread and format research papers.
- Experience creating and editing videos;
- You have completed or are working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field: communication, multimedia design or you are self-taught and have some experience in communication, multimedia design or social media;
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- You are proactive, work independently as well as part of a team. You have an eye for detail, you can set the right priorities, multi task and meet deadlines;
- You have some experience using communication tools and programmes, such as social media channels (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn), email newsletter software, and WordPress.
You will get:
- A volunteering contract with a monthly stipend;
- Hands-on experience and training in communication;
- Good understanding of a European organisation;
- Experience working with people with different backgrounds;
- An international and multidisciplinary working environment;
- Interesting work with a variety of tasks.
To apply, submit your cover letter (max 1 page) and CV (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: ‘Application: comms volunteer’.
30 November, 2022 (23:59 CET)
Purpose of Position:
To support the Communications Manager with MPG’s external communications.
Voluntary, part-time (2.5 days / week)
3 January, 2023
About the Migration Policy Group (MPG)
MPG is an independent think-and-do-tank based in Brussels. MPG’s purpose is rooted in its ability to inspire networks to provide evidence-based projects, research and campaigns in the areas of integration, migration and anti-discrimination.